Watch a video about the School
- Our full-time faculty has more than 250 collective years of field experience. Students also take classes from part-time faculty who are among the top journalists and advertising/PR practitioners in the Fort Worth/Dallas metroplex.
- We're located in the fifth largest media market in the nation.
- TCU's journalism program was the first at a private university in Texas to be accredited by the Accrediting Council for Education in Journalism and Mass Communications. It is one of only 18 accredited programs at private universities in the United States.
- Our graduates exceed national averages in both full-time employment and wages, according to independent national research.
- Our internship program has served as a national model for other accredited programs.
- Our faculty has published in every major scholarly journal in mass communications and has presented scholarly papers for every communications-related professional organization in mass communication.
- Our journalism program, born in 1927, is one of the oldest in the nation. The TCU Daily Skiff has published since 1902.
- The TCU Daily Skiff and Image magazine are among the most honored student publications in the nation. The Skiff has received numerous awards, including the All-American award from the Associated Collegiate Press, and has won top awards from the Dallas Press Club and the Houston Press Club. Image has placed in the top three in the country multiple times in the Society of Professional Journalists Best Magazine category.
- TCU News Now, the Bob Schieffer College of Communication’s TV news program, was named Best Newscast nationally by the Society of Professional Journalists in 2005 and Best Newscast in SPJ's Region 8 in 2006.
- Our advertising/public relations major is No. 8 in the United States in terms of the number of students it graduates annually with a concentration in both advertising and public relations.
- Our advertising/public relations sequence was among 23 in the nation designated as "premier programs" by PR Educator.
- TCU Campaigns Teams have placed in the top ten nationally ranked teams in the AAF's National Student Advertising Competition for the last three consecutive years. Only three teams in the thirty-six year history of the competition have accomplished this outstanding feat.